Today, I was told that I am doing great, I’m on track, and even with the few roadbumps I’ve had, I’m doing better than projected and they are extremely pleased. This week has been amazing! I haven’t had any herx reactions which is when the Lyme and co-infections die off and make me sick. I think that’s a great sign. It still could come this week, it’s a very unpredictable disease but for the first time in years I am feeling better.
I still have a ways to go. When I go home I will have to be focused on my healing, my protocol, and maintenance; but I am dedicated and driven. I can do this. They say…that the first month home is the hardest and the most unpredictable. Then, once you conquere that hurdle, the first year can be a real challenge. I will have a daily protocol that I have figured up will take about 3.5-4 hours a day of my time. That’s sorting and taking supplements, detox baths, infrared sauna, preparation of shakes, fixing clean and organic meals, and exercising to name just a few. It’s almost a full-time job!
But, there’s no way I’m going back.
So, usually when a patient leaves Envita they are anywhere from 50-80% better and the 100% comes that first year, but only if you are dedicated and commited to it. Some patients feel so good they do too much and wind back at Envita. That WILL NOT be me. Some of the things that can trigger my disease to flare up is stress, not eating right, not detoxing enough, but there is no way I’m doing this again. I will leave my port in my chest for as long as possible in case something did go wrong, but I’m staying positive here. I will have to get it flushed every six weeks, but I can’t go back and refuse to even think that way!
So, at this point I would say I’m at a good 60-65%. When I arrived out here, I barely remember it to be honest, but I would say I was at a 10-15%. I am supposed to be done with treatment next Friday, May 22, but I have missed three crucial days of treatment. One because of Good Friday, and two from the flu last week. The doctor is suggesting that I do treatment the following Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. After talking to some family members, and my husband and mom, I have decided I will complete those last three days of treatment because the stronger I can be when I get home the better it is for everyone.
Don’t get me wrong, I would love to go home tomorrow, but it’s just not time yet. I am at peace with this and have accepted it. I want to get to 95% and show everyone that I can do it! Three days of treatment here is basically like three months of treatment at home.
So my end date is finalized. I even have my exit interview scheduled for next Wednesday, and Wes will get to listen in on speaker phone. I think it’s important he hears what I am supposed to do and how I am supposed to take care of myself so that hopefully he can help me stay in check and keep me from overdoing things. (One of my biggest fears)
So, once again I want to thank everyone for all of your support and your encouragement. I will be seeing all of you very soon!